Mozzarella stuffed meatballs and spaghetti
Level up your weeknight spaghetti and meatballs with our mozzarella stuffed take on the classic! Packed with flavour and an oozy, cheesy center, these meatballs are not to be missed.
- 500g prime beef mince
- 1 Tbsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 whole egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 100g fresh or block mozzarella, 1cm cubed
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 large celery stick, finely diced
- 1x 510g jar Pams pasta sauce
- 300g dried spaghetti
- Grated parmesan and basil to serve, if desired
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. In a bowl, mix together the beef mince, dried herbs, half of the diced onion, egg, and panko bread crumbs until well combined. Season generously with salt and pepper, then mix to incorporate.
- To assemble the meatballs, take a heaped tablespoon of meatball mixture in your hands and flatten. Press a cube of mozzarella into the center, then wrap the mince around the cube and roll into a ball. Set onto a baking tray, and repeat with the remaining meatball mixture.
- Place the meatballs into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. While the meatballs are cooking, place a heavy based pan over a medium heat with a generous drizzle of olive oil. Saute the remaining onion, carrot and celery for 5-6 minutes or until the vegetables have softened.
- Add the Pams pasta sauce to the pan, then lower the heat and leave to simmer until the meatballs are cooked, stirring occasionally. Once the meatballs have cooked, submerge in the pasta sauce and leave over a low heat for 10 minutes while the spaghetti cooks.
- Cook the spaghetti as per pack instruction. Once cooked, drain, then add to the meatballs. Toss gently to coat the pasta in the sauce, then transfer to bowls or plates. Garnish with grated parmesan and basil leaves if desired, then serve and enjoy.
TIP: If the sauce is looking too thick, add a small ladle of pasta water to loosen the sauce as needed!