- 4 beef steaks of your choice
- 2 tbsp paprika
- 3 corn cobs, husks removed
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 limes
- Pat the steak dry with a paper towel, then drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle over the paprika. Season with salt and pepper, then rub the seasoning into the meat and set aside.
- Bring a grill pan or BBQ to medium high heat and brush with oil. Cook the corn cobs for 10 minutes, turning occasionally until bright yellow and just cooked.
- Once the corn has cooked, grill the steak for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking then cover with foil and set aside to rest.
- Once cool enough to handle, slice the kernels from the corn cobs and place in a large bowl. Add the red onion, avocado and zest and juice of both limes. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil and stir to combine. Season to taste.
- Serve the charred corn salsa alongside the cooked paprika steak, and enjoy.
For a fresh twist add a handful of roughly chopped coriander to your salsa to make it bright and herbaceous.
To complete this meal, serve with sweet roasted kumara, or cooked rice mixed with black beans, coriander and lime juice for a zesty accompaniment.