- 250g rice noodles
- 2 tablespoons oil, divided
- 500g beef rump steak, sliced or stir fry beef
- 1 onion*, finely diced or sliced
- ½ jar red curry paste*
- 250g mushrooms
- 2 courgettes*, sliced
- 200ml coconut milk*
- 1 carrot*, sliced thinly or into match sticks
- 1/3 cabbage*, sliced thinly
- Pepper, to taste
* These ingredients are shared with other recipes from the summer weekly meal planner.
- Cook noodles according to packet instructions. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok, deep frying pan or skillet on the stove over high heat.
- Sear the beef for 1-2 minutes in batches and transfer onto a plate, set aside.
- Reduce heat to medium high adding more oil to the pan if needed, sauté onions until softened. Add half the jar of red curry paste and fry for around 2 minutes while stirring occasionally until it is very fragrant.
- Add mushrooms and courgettes, stir fry until cooked to your liking. Mix in coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Stir through cooked noodles, carrots, cabbage, and beef, cover with a lid and heat through to cook while mixing occasionally. Add small amounts of water if it is getting too dry. Test taste, season with salt and pepper if needed.
If omitting the red curry paste from this recipe you can make a tomato-based pad thai sauce instead.
You can use egg noodles if you prefer. For protein substitutions use chicken, tofu, tempeh, prawns, fish, quorn, plant-based meat alternatives.
Eat for lunch the next day.