Steak with peppercorn sauce
The perfect steak recipe, using Campbell's Real Stock.
- 50mls white wine
- 1 cup Campbell’s Real Stock – Beef
- 2 tsp cracked black peppercorns
- 3 Tbsp (1/4 cup) Pams thickened cream
- 1 Tbsp Pams cornflour
- Beef steaks
- Add wine and stock to a fry pan, bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat and continue cooking until the mixture is reduced by half.
- Add peppercorns, then whisk in the cream.
- Combine cornflour with 1 Tbsp water, then whisk into sauce until slightly thickened.
- Serve immediately over pan fried steaks.
- Cooking time: (an approximate guide)
Rare: 2 Minutes each side.
Medium Rare: 3-4 Minutes each side.
Medium: 4-6 Minutes each side.
Well Done: 2-4 Minutes each side then reduce heat and cook a further 4-6 minutes each side.
- After cooking allow steaks to rest for 3-5 minutes as this increases their tenderness & juiciness.
- Serve with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.
Wine suggestion: Shiraz