The perfect one pan steak
The best recipes are ones that require little effort with maximum flavour, and this perfect one pan steak couldn’t fit the bill better! Bring your family together around this scrumptious steak served with garlic, buttery potatoes and fresh greens; they will love you for it!
- 2 scotch fillet steaks
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 50g butter
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 500g red potatoes, diced
- Blanched green beans, to serve
- Juice of half a lemon
- In a heavy based pan or skillet with a generous drizzle of oil, sear the steaks for 1-2 minutes on each side, then set aside on a plate.
- To the pan, add the butter, garlic and herbs and reduce to a medium low heat. Add the sliced potatoes, and cook for 15-20 minutes or until caramelised and tender. Season to taste.
- Push the potatoes to the side, and return the steaks to the pan for a further 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve the blanched green beans alongside the cooked potatoes and green vegetables.