Summer beef salad
Celebrating fresh food flavours and a good steak, you may be surprised how well this recipe goes with a variety of red wines.
View the method
- 4 Beef steaks
- Chopped lettuce
- Halved cherry tomatoes
- Diced Spring Onion
- Peeled and cubed cucumber
- Coriander leaves
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fish sauce
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp sugar
Back to ingredients
- Fry beef steak in a little oil until medium rare and set aside to cool.
- On a platter place, chopped lettuce, fresh rocket, halved cherry tomatoes, diced spring onion and peeled and cubed cucumber. Sprinkle with torn coriander leaves (save a few as a garnish)
- Very thinly slice the beef and spread it across the salad mix.
- In a bowl mix together 3 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice, 2 tablespoon of Fish sauce, 1 clove of crushed garlic, half a teaspoon of sugar and a fresh chilli, deseeded and finely sliced.
- Stir the ingredients well so that the sugar has dissolved and pour over the beef and salad.
- Garnish with remaining coriander leaves.
Serve with fresh crusty bread and a glass of Merlot.