Ultimate steak with Brussels sprouts and cannellini beans
Done in just 30 minutes this dish is super easy and so delicious! With perfectly cooked steak and crispy caramelised Brussels sprouts, this restaurant-worthy recipe will be your new go-to meal when you want to make an impression (but don’t want to do the mahi).
- 2 x 300g scotch steaks
- 400g Brussels sprouts, cut into halves
- 5 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary, leaves chopped
- 2 Tbsp Pams Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 cans Pams Cannellini Beans, drained
- Place a large non-stick frying pan on a medium high heat. Season the steak all over with salt and pepper. Sear on all sides for 6 minutes in total for medium-rare or cook to your liking. Remove from the pan and cover with foil.
- Add Brussels sprouts to the pan and cook on high for 5 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, then add the garlic and rosemary and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour in the beans, add the balsamic vinegar and simmer for 5 minutes, then season.
- Sit the steak on top and pour over any resting juices. Slice and serve at the table.
Swap out the Brussels sprouts for your favourite seasonal greens such as long stemmed broccoli or green beans.
Pack extra vegetables in by adding some torn portobello mushrooms to the pan at the same time as the garlic and rosemary.