- 3 Tbsp horseradish
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 kg beef topside roast, room temperature
- 2 onions, cut into wedges
- 500g fresh beetroot, trimmed and cut into wedges
- 250g sour cream
- Preheat your oven to 180°C fan bake. In a small bowl or jug combine two tablespoons of horseradish, two garlic cloves, thyme leaves, a drizzle of olive oil and seasoning.
- Place the beef in a large roasting dish and brush the horseradish mixture over the top. Scatter the onion into the roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil and season. Bake for 35-40 minutes for medium-rare or until cooked to your liking, basting occasionally with the pan juices. Once cooked, cover with foil and set aside to rest for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the beetroot on a separate roasting dish, drizzle with olive oil, and season. Roast for 30 minutes or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, remaining horseradish and garlic and season to taste.
- Slice the beef and serve alongside the roasted beetroot and onion, horseradish cream and pan juices.
Toss the roast beetroot with 120g baby spinach, a generous drizzle of olive oil, a few tablespoons of red wine vinegar and seasoning to create a scrumptious salad.