- Juice and zest of 8 large lemons, plus 1 whole lemon
- ½ cup manuka honey
- 500ml sparkling water
- Gin or vodka, if desired
- Fresh mint, to garnish
- In a saucepan, combine the lemon juice, zest and honey. Place over a low to medium heat, and cook while stirring for 3-4 minutes or until the honey and lemon are completely incorporated.
- Pour the lemon honey mixture into a jug, and leave to cool in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Once cool, divide the syrup amongst 4-6 glasses. Then add a single shot of gin or vodka if desired. Fill the remainder of the glass with ice, then top with sparkling water.
- Slice the remaining lemon and add a slice with fresh mint to the glasses for garnish.