Lemongrass and basil cooler
- 4 Ti Ora Green Tea with Ginger, Lemongrass & Kawakawa Tea Bags.
- 2 lemongrass stalk, finely sliced.
- 4 tbsp caster sugar.
- 600ml cold water.
- 4 large basil leaves.
- Juice of 1 lime.
- Handful of ice & basil sprigs to serve.
- Using a pestle & mortar, bruise the chopped lemongrass to release the flavour.
- Place the bruised lemongrass in a small saucepan with 400ml of the cold water & the sugar. Place over a high heat and bring to the boil, then rapidly simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and immediately add in the Ti Ora Green Tea with Ginger, Lemongrass & Kawakawa Tea Bags along with the basil leaves.
- Leave to infuse for 5 minutes then strain into a small jug and leave to cool.
- When cool, put a few ice cubes into two 300ml capacity tall glasses, pour over170ml of the cooled tea syrup in each glass (there might be a little leftover), add the lime juice & top up with the remaining cold water to taste or adjust sweetness.
- Garnish each glass with a basil sprig & serve.