Luscious lemon cordial drink
Ever wondered what to do with a glut of lemons? Try this delicious summertime drink that’s easy to prepare, economical to make and delightfully refreshing.
- 3 ½ cups sugar
- 1 ½ Tablespoon tartaric acid
- 2 Teaspoon Epsom salts
- 3 cups boiling water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon grated lemon rind
- Combine, sugar, tartaric acid and Epsom salts in a large bowl
- Add boiling water, stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Add lemon rind and juice, allow to become cold (usually takes 1 hour).
- Strain through sieve before pouring into screw top bottles.
- Store in refrigerator.
Mixture will keep for 2 to 3 weeks.