Peach and lemon iced tea
This peach and lemon iced tea spritz tastes just as beautiful as it looks! Made with fresh local fruits, this drink is best served iced with a sprig of mint for a delightfully refreshing Summer drink.
- 3 peaches, cut into chunks
- Juice of 4 large lemons
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1L water
- 4 earl grey tea bags
- Soda water, to finish
- Sliced peaches, lemon and mint sprigs, to garnish
TIP: Elevate your peach and lemon iced tea by garnishing with fresh raspberries.
- In a saucepan, combine the peach chunks, lemon juice, caster sugar and water. Place over a medium heat and bring to a simmer, then cover and cook until the peaches soften; around 10 minutes.
- Once the peaches have softened, remove from the heat and use a wooden spoon to break the peaches down. Add the tea bags, then leave to steep for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a sieve into a jug or bowl, then place into the refrigerator and leave to cool for a minimum of 2 hours or until chilled.
- Once cool, pour the tea into glasses half filled with ice; add the tea as per your desired ratio to soda water. Add a couple of peach and lemon slices, then top with soda water and finish with a sprig of mint. Serve and enjoy.