Courgette, cheese and cherry tomato pie
This is a scrumptious way to use an abundance of courgettes, and it is very lunchbox friendly. Serves 4 with extra slices for packed lunches.
- 5 Eggs
- ½ cup Olive oil
- 7 Courgettes, thinly sliced (use a mandolin or potato peeler)
- 1/3 cup Chopped chives
- ¼ cup Chopped dill
- ¼ Chopped mint
- 200 g Goat's cheese, crumbled
- 1½ cups Grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 12 Cherry tomatoes, sliced in half (use a few more if desired)
- 3 cups Salad greens, to serve
- Heat oven to 180C. Line a 21cm x 21cm square cake tin with baking paper and butter the paper.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl, then whisk in olive oil. Mix in courgette, chives, dill, mint and cheeses.
- Sift in flour, baking powder and salt and mix until combined.
- Spread in to the prepared cake pan and gently push halved cherry tomatoes, cut side up, in to the top.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes or until set in the middle – the top will be springy when gently pushed.
- Cool in the pan for 20 minutes before removing from the tin - the greased baking paper should allow you to remove the pie from the tin easily. Slice to serve warm or at room temperature with salad greens.