- 1 cup Thick greek yoghurt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Allspice
- 2 tsp Chopped rosemary
- 2 tsp Thyme leaves
- ½ tsp Chilli flakes
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Lemon, zest of
- 750 g Butterflied boneless leg of lamb
- 4 Agria potatoes, medium sized, peeled, cubed and pre-boiled
- 1 sprig Fresh rosemary
- 2 Garlic cloves, sliced in half
- 2 Tbsp Oil, for frying
- Mix the marinade ingredients together well in a non-reactive dish that will hold the lamb. Place the lamb in the dish and coat with marinade. Leave overnight or for at least 4 hours.
- Barbecue the lamb for 20-30 minutes until cooked to your liking, turning half way through.
- Fry the potatoes with rosemary and garlic in hot oil a frying pan on the barbecue hotplate at the same time as the lamb is cooking on the grill.
- Allow the lamb to rest for 10 minutes before slicing to serve with yoghurt sauce (below), hot potatoes and a cucumber and tomato salad.
Yoghurt sauce: Mix 1/2 cup thick Greek yoghurt with 1/2 crushed garlic clove, 1 Tbsp chopped mint, a good squeeze of lemon and a good pinch of salt.