Green vegetable stir-fry
Serve with your favourite noodles, drizzled with a little sesame oil and topped with some toasted sesame seeds.
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped, or 1 tsp of crushed chilli
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 Tbsp fresh ginger, finely grated
- 2 Tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar, or white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 300 g broccoli, cut into small florets, stalks lightly peeled and cut into small pieces
- 3 Baby bok choy, leaves separated, large stems halved lengthwise
- 4 handfuls baby spinach
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and thickly sliced
- 1 tsp White sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tsp Black sesame seeds, toasted
- In a jug, mix together the chilli, garlic, ginger, soy sauce and vinegar and honey.
- Heat oil in a wok or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli and stalks and stir-fry with a splash of water until bite-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add the bok choy, spinach and spring onions and stir-fry for 1 minute. Check vegetables are cooked to your liking. Pour in the sauce and stir-fry for a further minute.
- Serve straightaway with your favourite cooked noodles.
- Pairs well with extra toppings, a few sliced shiitake mushrooms or some raw prawn cutlets. To cook heat 1 tablespoon of oil in the wok or frying pan and add the prawns. Stir-fry until they turn pink, then remove from the wok. Return to the wok just before serving.