Pork schnitzel with miso marinade
Pork is a family favourite for New Zealanders and schnitzel is really making a come-back.
View the method
- 4 pieces Pork schnitzels, about 400g
- 1 Tbsp Miso
- 1 Tbsp Cooking sake
- 1 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 dash sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp plain unsweetened yoghurt
- 2 Tbsp sunflower oil, for frying
Back to ingredients
- Use kitchen scissor or a knife to make small cuts around the edge of each piece of pork schnitzel to prevent it rolling up during cooking.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together the miso, cooking sake, mirin, sesame oil and yoghurt. Place in the pork schnitzel and mix about a bit then cover and place in the fridge while you cook some rice and make a salad.
- Place a large frying pan over high heat and add the oil. Once the oil is hot, add the pork schnitzel and cook for 4 minutes, turning once.
- Serve with rice and a green salad.