Spiced cauliflower rice
Serve this cauliflower rice with chicken tenders and a small bowl of natural, unsweetened yoghurt mixed with a few finely shredded mint leaves. Use store bought chicken tenders found in the freezer at your supermarket or you could pan-fry pieces of fresh chicken. Season the fresh chicken and toss in a little oil before pan-frying.
- 500 g Cauliflower, (about ½ a cauliflower), cut into florets and sliced
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Green chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1 Tbsp Curry powder
- ½ cup Vegetable stock, warmed
- 1 serving Sea salt
- 2 Spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 1 small handful Flat leaf parsley leaves, or coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Place the prepared cauliflower in a food processor and process until the cauliflower resembles rice. Don’t worry if you have a few little chunky bits, it adds texture.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the green chilli and mustard seeds and cook for about 30 seconds. You will hear the mustard seeds popping.
- Add the cauliflower rice and toss well to coat in the oil. Add the curry powder and stock. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 3 minutes. Taste and add salt, if needed.
- Stir through the spring onion and parsley or coriander.