Light and fluffy, these banana spiked waffles are a scrumptious start to the day! Top with your favourite seasonal fruit and yoghurt for a winning breakfast combination.
- 2 medium sized bananas
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups Pams Self Raising Flour
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 1 ¾ cups Value milk
- 1 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 cup yoghurt of your choice
- ½ cup fresh blueberries*
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- In a mixing bowl, mash one banana well with a fork. Whisk in the eggs, followed by the flour and caster sugar. Add the milk and melted butter and stir until just combined.
- Heat a waffle iron, then spoon the batter into the press. Cook until golden brown and fluffy, then repeat until all the mixture has been used.
- Serve the cooked waffles along with yoghurt, blueberries and flaked almonds. Drizzle with maple syrup or honey and serve.