Breakfast toast cups
Everyone loves sitting down to a cooked breakfast, and these Breakfast Toast Cups are an easy, on the go version of a delicious big breakfast. Make these on the weekend and store them in the fridge for a quick option as you run out the door!
- 6 slices thick white bread
- 25g butter, melted
- 12 bacon rashers
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Garlic olive oil
- ½ cup tomato relish
- 6 eggs
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius. Press each bread slice into a texas muffin tray, and brush with melted butter.
- Lay the bacon rashers on a lined baking tray, and bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden and crisp. While warm, carefully press into the cups.
- Saute the spinach with a drizzle of garlic olive oil and seasoning, then divide amongst the cups to one side of each cup.
- Dollop the relish to the opposite side of the spinach, then crack an egg on top. Season, and place in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the egg has cooked.
- Sprinkle each cup with parmesan and chopped chives, then serve.