Carrot cake oats
If you love carrot cake, you’ll know carrot can be a sweet and tasty addition to baking. Letting the grated carrot soak in the fridge overnight with your oats and unsweetened yogurt breaks down the starches and has a similar effect to cooking the oats. With this simple soaked oats recipe, you can have a tasty, guilt-free breakfast each morning.
- 1/2 cup oats
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup of grated carrot
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1 tablespoon 100% pure maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Top with 1 tablespoon of chopped pecans
Gently mix all ingredients in a bowl or jar. Top with the chopped pecans. Refrigerate overnight and enjoy in the morning!