Corn fritters are always popular for brunch at cafés, but what about as a light lunch or dinner at home? All it takes is three easy steps, plus it’s a great way to enjoy your veggies too!
- ½ cup flour (gluten free, optional)
- 1 tsp baking powder (gluten free, optional)
- ½ tsp salt 2 eggs, beaten
- 410g can Wattie's Cream Style Corn
- 410g can Wattie's Whole Kernel Corn, drained
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt into a mixing bowl.
- Add the beaten eggs and Wattie’s Cream Style Corn and mix well. Fold in the drained Wattie’s Whole Kernel Corn.
- Heat 1–2 tablespoons of oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Place spoonfuls of the corn fritter mixture into the pan. Cook for 2–3 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface of the batter. Turn and cook the other side for a further 2–3 minutes or until the fritters are golden and cooked through. It may be necessary to add extra oil to the pan during cooking.
For variety you can add any of the following to the corn fritter mixture:
Corn fritters can be served with:
Add any of the following to the corn fritter mixture: