Cornflaked French toast with fruits
Crisp, crunchy and absolutely scrumptious to devour, our cornflaked French toast is the ultimate start to any morning! Easy to make and oh so delicious, be sure to serve your French toast with your favourite summer fruits and a generous drizzle of maple syrup.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Pams Cream
- 1/4 cup Pams Caster Sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices thick white bread
- 2 cups cornflakes
- 50g Pams Butter
- 1/2 cup mascarpone or yoghurt
- Pams Finest Pure Canadian Maple Syrup, to serve
- Fresh fruits of your choice, to serve
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cream, caster sugar, vanilla and cinnamon until fully incorporated. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, then coat both sides in cornflakes.
- Bring a non-stick frying pan to a medium heat with some butter, then lay 2-3 slices into the pan (or as many as can fit). Pan fry the French toast for 2-3 minutes each side, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Set the cooked French toast aside and repeat with the remaining slices; adding more butter to the pan as needed.
- Serve the French toast alongside a dollop of mascarpone, fresh fruit of your choice and a generous drizzle of maple syrup. Serve immediately and enjoy.