Classic french crêpes
These classic French crêpes are perfect served simply with caster sugar and lemon juice or with crispy bacon and maple syrup.
- 3/4 cups flour
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- Sift the flour into a medium bowl, stir in the sugar with a pinch of salt and make a well in the centre.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk and gradually pour into the well, beating to form a smooth batter. Cover and allow the batter to rest for 10 minutes.
- Heat a little butter in an 18cm or 20cm frying pan. Pour in enough batter to thinly coat the base of the pan.
- Cook for 1 minute or until golden brown, then toss or turn the crepe to cook the other side. Keep warm on a plate, under a lightweight clean tea town while cooking the remaining batter.