Crepes with chargrilled peaches
Ideal for any weekend breakfast, these crepes are so much easier to make than you might expect. They’re fabulous with lightly charred peaches, but you can also try them with fresh berries, mangoes, or whatever fruit you have on hand.
- 1 cup Pams Flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons Pams Butter, melted
- 1 pinch of salt
- Whipped cream or yoghurt, to serve
- Extra honey, chopped pistachio nuts and cinnamon, to serve
- 4 peaches
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons Pams Clover Honey
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl. Make a well in the centre and add the eggs, milk, melted butter and salt. Whisk together until smooth. Set aside and let the batter rest for 20 minutes.
- Heat a non-stick crepe pan over medium-low heat. Add about ¼ cup of the batter and swirl to cover the bottom of the pan in a thin layer. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until the surface of the crepe starts to dry. Turn and cook the other side. Transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- To make the chargrilled peaches, cut the peaches in half. Brush with the oil then chargrill for 2-3 minutes on each side, or until lightly charred. Brush the honey over the peaches and cook for a further minute, or until the honey has caramelised slightly. Allow the peaches to cool slightly before slicing into wedges. 4
- To serve, spread a dollop of whipped cream or yoghurt over half of a crepe. Top with a few peach slices. Fold the crepe in half and then quarters. Repeat with the remaining crepes. Drizzle with the extra honey and top with a sprinkle of chopped nuts and cinnamon to serve.