Eggsotic breakfast bake
Scrumptious for brunch – serve these impressive baked eggs with toasty Turkish bread and the Sunday paper on the side.
- 400g can cherry tomatoes or chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- a pinch of chilli flakes
- ½ tsp salt
- ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, plus extra to garnish
- 2-4 eggs
- 50g Mainland Traditional Feta
- 2 tbsp Anchor Natural Greek Style Yoghurt, to serve
- dukkah or paprika, to garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C fanbake.
- Mix tomatoes with spices, salt and pepper and coriander and divide between two 2-cupcapacity heatproof ramekins.
- Make an indent in each and crack in 1-2 eggs.
- Crumble feta over the top.
- Bake until eggs are just set (about 15 minutes).
- Garnish each with a spoonful of yoghurt, some extra coriander and a sprinkle of dukkah or paprika, if desired.
For a more substantial version stir a can of chickpeas and some chorizo through the sauce. Or for extra drama sizzle a little smoked paprika and some chilli flakes in about ¼ cup neutral oil to make chilli oil to drizzle over the yoghurt.