- 550g mini or standard frozen hash browns, thawed
- 1 ¼ cup grated cheese
- ¼ cup frozen peas
- 12 eggs
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs (we use parsley and basil)
- Preheat your oven to 200°C fan bake. In a large bowl break up the hash browns and toss together with 1 cup of cheese, salt and pepper. Divide the mixture amongst a greased muffin tray and press the mixture tightly into each cavity to create a nest.
- Place in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese has melted and the edges have browned. Turn the oven temperature down to 180°C.
- Sprinkle half the peas amongst the nests, then crack one egg into each. Top with remaining peas, cheese, salt and pepper and return to the oven to bake for 10-12 minutes, until the egg whites have just set.
- Allow to cool slightly before removing from the tray and garnishing with fresh herbs.
These egg nests make for a great on the go-breakfast or can be serve with freshly sliced avocado and sautéed spinach for a tasty fulfilling brunch
Sprinkle ¼ cup of crispy cooked bacon bits into these nests for a flavourful addition.