Homemade cocoa snap cereal
This homemade cocoa snap cereal is chocolatey, only requires five ingredients and can be enjoyed for breakfast at any age. Not only is making your own breakfast cereal a healthier option, but it’s also budget-friendly; we think it tastes better than the bought one!
- ½ cup coconut oil or butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp Pams Cocoa Powder
- Pinch of salt
- 5 cups Pams Rice Snaps
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius fan bake. Place the coconut oil, maple syrup, cocoa powder and salt into a saucepan and set over medium heat.
- Cook while stirring until the coconut oil mixture has melted. Place the puffed rice into a large mixing bowl, then pour the liquid mixture over the top.
- Stir until the puffed rice is completely coated in the chocolate mixture, then spread evenly over two lined baking trays. Bake for 3-5 minutes or until the puffed rice is dry to the touch.
- Leave to cool, then transfer to an airtight container or jar for up to 10 days.
Serve this delicious homemade cereal simply with milk, or with yoghurt and fresh fruit as per your family’s preference!