Keto breakfast chaffles
Just when you thought waffles couldn't get any better. These savoury chaffles (cheese waffles) are a delightfully cheesy version of the original waffle without the carbs. They’re a great keto breakfast loaded with crispy bacon, sliced avocado, fresh spinach and a sprinkling of parsley.
- 6 eggs, beaten
- ⅓ cup ground almonds
- 2 ¼ cups tasty cheese, grated
- 250g streaky bacon
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 60g fresh baby spinach
- Large handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Preheat your waffle iron. In a large bowl combine the eggs, almond meal, cheese and seasoning. Once hot, brush or spray the waffle iron with oil, then spoon a quarter of the chaffle mixture into the press. Cook until golden brown and crispy.
- Set the chaffle aside on a cooling rack and repeat with the remaining chaffle mixture.
- Bring a large frying pan to medium-high heat with a drizzle of oil. Cook the bacon until golden and crispy.
- To assemble, top the chaffles with spinach, crispy bacon and avocado. Garnish with parsley, then serve and enjoy.
Go the extra mile and add a fried egg on top of your cheesy chaffles for a protein-rich breakfast.
These breakfast chaffles can also be made in a frying pan. Heat a drizzle of oil in a large frying pan and cook until golden brown on each side.