Microwave caprese cups
This quick and easy breakfast option is a delicious start to the day. With pops of Italian flavour, these Microwave Caprese Cups are a beautiful addition to any morning routine.
- Olive oil
- 2 slices thin shaved ham
- 2 Tbsp grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp pesto
- Fresh basil, if desired
- Grease a ramekin with a drizzle of olive oil, then lay the ham around the sides. Sprinkle half the cheese into the dish, then place the cherry tomato halves to one side.
- Crack the egg next to the tomatoes, the dollop the pesto into the dish. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and season with salt and pepper
- Place in the microwave and cook on high for 1 minute and 30 seconds, or until the whites are set, cooking for additional 20 second bursts if required.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve immediately.