Give a twist to the classic pancake recipe by preparing these mini-sized pancakes, just like cereal!. Loved by children, the tiny pancakes are delicious and easy to prepare.
View the method
- 1 cup plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 2 Tbsp caster sugar
- 100ml milk
- 1 small egg
- 2 Tbsp melted butter + extra for frying & serving
- Maple syrup, to serve
Optional toppings: sprinkles, chocolate chips, cinnamon
Back to ingredients
- In a mixing bowl, sieve together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, caster sugar and a pinch of salt. In a separate bowl or jug, whisk together the milk, egg and melted butter, then gently whisk together with the dry ingredients, being cautious not to overmix.
- Transfer the pancake batter into a squeeze bottle or piping bag for ease (you can also use a spoon).
- Bring a non-stick frying pan to a low medium heat. Grease with melted butter, then pipe or spoon small dots of pancake mixture into the pan. Leave until golden underneath, around 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook for a further minute.
- Place the cooked pancakes in a bowl. Top with a pat of butter, then drizzle with maple syrup and enjoy!