Pancakes with bacon
A classic pancake recipe with some great pancake topping ideas.
- 125g flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1.5 cups milk
- 1 egg
- Pinch of salt
- Butter for cooking
- Streaky bacon
- Maple syrup
- Vanilla ice cream
- Put all the dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Whisk the egg in a separate bowl and add to the dry ingredients.
- Add the milk until the desired consistency is achieved.
- Melt a knob of butter in a small frying pan on a medium heat.
- Pour around half a cup of the mixture into the frying pan.
- Flip the pancake over when bubbles start to form.
- When cooked cover transfer to a plate and cover with a tea towel.
- Cook the streaky bacon the way you like it and place over pancakes.
- Add a scoop of ice cream or cream and drizzle with maple syrup.
More pancake topping ideas:
- Bacon, banana and maple syrup.
- Strawberries and blueberries, or which ever seasonal fruit you enjoy.
- A sprinkle of sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice and cream.
- Toasted nuts (pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, pistachios or macadamia nuts are great) with a drizzle of honey.
- Lemon curd and cream.
- Hazelnut spread.
- Go tropical with mango, passion fruit, honey and plain Greek yogurt.