Porridge topped with fibre mix
Natural wheat bran, the main ingredient in Kellogg’s® All-Bran®, is a concentrated source of fibre. Adding a small amount to a dish can really help boost the overall fibre of the meal. With these recipes you’ll see just how versatile this simple breakfast cereal can be.
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup almonds
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 22g (1/4 cup) All-Bran® Original
- 1/2 cup strawberries, halved
- Cook your porridge as you normally would.
- In a mortar and pestle or food processor, mix the almonds and seeds until the consistency of coarse breadcrumbs. Add in the All-Bran® Original and process for a few more seconds. This Fibre Mix can be made once a week and stored in the refrigerator.
- Top your porridge with strawberries then sprinkle with Fibre Mix, using 1. tbsp of mix per person.
Fibre per serve = 5.1g or 17% of recommended daily intake.