Sharing-style traybake pancakes
Make weekends a family affair with our sharing-style tray bake pancakes! Inspired by the French dessert clafoutis, swap time around the stove for relaxation while these pancakes bake; the perfect option for busy families or a brunch at home with friends.
- 3 cups milk
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cups Pams plain flour
- 2 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ cup Pams caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract or essence
- ¼ cup butter, melted
Topping options: fresh or frozen berries and cream cheese, chocolate chips, diced banana, peanut butter, chopped nuts
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. Place the milk into the microwave and heat until lukewarm, then transfer it to a mixing bowl. Add the lemon juice, and whisk until combined. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, caster sugar and a pinch of salt. Once the milk has thickened to create buttermilk, add to the dry mixture along with the eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk the pancake mixture until smooth, stir in the melted butter then pour into a lined baking tray.
- Top the pancake batter with your choice of toppings, either scattering the entire surface with one topping or creating sections for a variety of options.
- Place into the oven, reduce the heat to 180 degrees celsius and bake for 30-45 minutes or until the centre of the pancake is clean when tested. Leave to cool for 5 minutes, then serve and enjoy.
Skill level: Easy
Garnish these pancakes with fresh fruit and a drizzle of maple syrup if desired.