This recipe calls for you to bake your own muesli with a collection of nuts seeds, oats and dried fruit. Make a large batch on Sunday night to last you the week, and store in an airtight container. Sprinkle on top of your cooked porridge to add texture, flavour, and even more fibre.
- 4 cups (320g) rolled oats
- 1/3 cup (50g) seeds (mix of sunflower, pumpkin etc)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup (50g) raw pecans/walnuts/peanuts, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup (110g) dried apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup (80g) sultanas
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all of the Ingredients, using your hands to combine evenly.
- Place the oat mixture on trays and spread out evenly. Cook for 10 minutes, stir the mixture and swap trays. Cook for another 3-5 minutes or until oats are lightly toasted. Cool oats on tray.
- Store in an airtight container.