Tropical breakfast Eton mess
Who said you can’t have dessert for breakfast? This tropical breakfast eton mess is deliciously healthy and is the perfect start to any morning! Layers of crispy homemade coconut granola, fresh mango, pineapple, and yoghurt pair perfectly in this summery brekkie.
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup coconut shavings or threaded coconut
- ½ cup flaked almonds
- ½ cup pumpkin seeds
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 fresh mango
- Greek yoghurt
- ½ fresh pineapple, 1cm diced
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees celsius fan bake. In a mixing bowl, stir together the oats, coconut, almonds, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and salt until well combined.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together the coconut oil maple syrup and egg white until fully incorporated. Pour over the dry ingredients and mix well until combined.
- Scatter the granola over a lined baking tray, and place into the oven to bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes until the granola is crisp and golden in colour. Set aside to cool and store in an airtight container.
- To prepare the eton mess, place the mango in a blender and puree. Into the base of glasses or jars, spoon in ¼ cup of Greek yoghurt. Top with some of the mango puree and diced pineapple, followed by ¼ cup of granola.
- Repeat the layers, then serve and enjoy. Store any extra or leftover granola in an airtight container for up to 7 days.