- 6 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 onions, sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp Moroccan spice mix
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 410g can apricot halves in light syrup
- Preheat your oven to 190°C fan bake. Bring a drizzle of olive oil to medium high heat in a non-stick fry pan. Season the chicken with salt and pepper and pan fry in batches for 4-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pan, cook the onion and garlic for a few minutes or until softened.
- Stir through the Moroccan spice mix, then add the dried apricots and rosemary. Nestle the chicken back into the pan. Drain the apricot halves, reserving a third cup of the syrup, then arrange in the pan.
- Pour in the reserved apricot syrup and chicken stock. Season with salt and pepper then bake for 30-35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Top tip: Serve your splendid apricot chicken with grilled seasonal vegetables and rice or couscous tossed with chopped coriander. Garnish with crispy shallots for an added savoury crunch.