BBQ chicken salad with onion crema
Barbecue season is here, and this simple but utterly delicious chicken salad is an absolute winner! Served with a luscious onion crema and seasonal charred veggies, it’s the perfect plate for any Summer feast.
- Summer BBQ
- 2 skinless chicken breasts
- ⅓ cup store bought BBQ sauce
- Pams Olive oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, trimmed
- 2 ears fresh sweetcorn, husk removed
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- 1 cup sour cream
- 120g baby spinach
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp sliced almonds, toasted
TIP: If you’d like to use tinned corn over fresh, drain and cook the kernels on the BBQ hotplate for a couple of minutes to heat the kernels through and give them a delicious, charred flavour!
- Using a sharp knife, carefully slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally. Place into a bowl and combine with half of the BBQ sauce and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss to coat, then cover and leave to marinade in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Bring a barbecue or grill pan to a medium high heat. Drizzle the spring onions, corn and beans with olive oil. Place the marinated chicken on the barbecue. Cook for 5-7 minutes on each side or until caramelised and cooked through, basting with the remaining BBQ sauce during cooking.
- Place onto the grill and cook until each vegetable is tender and slightly charred.
- To make the crema, place the cooked spring onions and sour cream in a blender. Puree until smooth, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the salad, cut the corn kernels from the cob and arrange on a plate with the warm beans and baby spinach. Sprinkle over the diced red onion, then squeeze the lemon juice over the top.
- Drizzle olive oil over the salad, then finish with sliced almonds. Slice the cooked chicken and serve alongside the onion crema and assembled salad.