BLT chicken lettuce cups
Perfect for the lunchbox or enjoyed al fresco, these crisp lettuce cups are inspired by a classic BLT sandwich, but with a healthier twist! Creamy chicken is topped with crispy bacon and fresh vegetables, making for a deliciously fresh lunch option.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, diced
- ¼ red onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yoghurt
- 1 Tbsp freshly chopped chives, plus extra for garnish
- Zest of ½ lemon
- 4 rashers cooked streaky bacon, diced
- 1tsp paprika
- Large lettuce leaves, to assemble
- 1 celery stick, diced
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ½ avocado, diced
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. In a bowl, stir together the diced chicken breast, red onion, mayonnaise, yoghurt, chopped chives and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then place into a container and keep refrigerated until required.
- To cook the bacon, lay the rashers onto a baking tray and sprinkle the paprika onto both sides. Place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and crispy; turning once during cooking. Set aside to cool.
- Once the bacon has cooled, dice using a sharp knife. To assemble the lettuce cups, spoon some of the creamy chicken mixture into a lettuce cup then sprinkle some of the cooked bacon over the top.
- Following the bacon, top the chicken with diced celery, tomatoes and avocado. Garnish with additional chives, then serve or keep stored in the refrigerator until required*.
*We recommend making the lettuce cups on the day they intend to be enjoyed. The creamy chicken mixture will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.