Chicken and avocado tostadas
Fresh, punchy flavours packed onto a crispy base, these Chicken and avocado tostadas are absolutely divine! With creamy avocado, zesty salsa and juicy chicken pieces, this Mexican-inspired meal will be on the table in no more than 30 minutes.
- Olive oil
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- Juice of 2 limes
- 2 truss tomatoes, finely diced
- 3 Tbsp diced red onion
- ¼ cup freshly chopped coriander, plus extra for garnish
- 1 Tbsp sliced fresh green chilli, if desired
- 4-6 tortillas
- ½ cup refried beans, heated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced
- ⅓ cup sour cream
- 50g feta cheese
- Bring a frying pan to a medium heat with a drizzle of olive oil. Add the shredded chicken and stir to warm, then sprinkle over the taco seasoning. Stir to combine, then add 2 Tbsp of water and the juice of 1 lime. Cook while stirring for 2-3 minutes, then set aside.
- In a bowl, combine the diced tomatoes, red onion, ¼ cup chopped coriander and chilli. Add the juice of ½ lime, then season with salt and set aside.
- To make the tostadas, bring a frying pan to a medium high heat with a generous drizzle of oil. Pan fry the tortillas for 1-2 minutes either side, or until golden and crispy, then drain on a paper towel.
- To assemble the tostadas, spread the base of each tortilla with refried beans. Top with the cooked chicken, then spoon tomato salsa over the top.
- Lay pieces of avocado and radish on top of the salsa, then add a dollop of sour cream followed by a sprinkle of crumbled feta. Garnish with additional fresh coriander if desired, then squeeze the remaining ½ lime over to finish.