Chicken and cider skewers
These are a simple, colourful and tasty skewers that can be eaten hot or cold. A perfect snack or BBQ dish!
- Summer BBQ
- 2 Tegel Skinless Chicken Breasts
- ½ green capsicum, diced into 2 cm chunks
- ½ red capsicum, diced into 2 cm chunks
- 3 tablespoons of Pams olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- Pams salt & pepper
- ½ cup Isaac’s Apple Cider
- Soak 15 short wooden skewers in cold water.
- Cut the breasts into 2 cm cubes and put in a bowl with diced capsicum, olive oil and minced garlic. Stir to coat.
- Thread chicken and capsicums onto skewers.
- Heat a heavy-based pan to medium and fry the skewers in batches, turning to brown the chicken on all sides. When all skewers are browned put them all back in the pan (doesn’t matter if they’re on top of each other), season with salt and pepper, add the cider and cover immediately with a lid (or dinner plate).
- Cook for a further 3-5 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Wine suggestion: Chardonnnay