Chicken casserole with wild rice
I have been making this tasty dish occasionally for over 30 years. The wild rice in it makes it very special in taste and looks. Wild rice comes from Canada and is a very long grain black rice which stays nice and firm with cooking. All ones needs to complete this for a mains is a green vegetable.
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 package of dry onion soup mix
- 1 1/4 cups of long grain rice
- 2 Tbsp wild rice
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 1 can of mushroom soup
- Brown chicken in a frying pan.
- Place in casserole.
- Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Sprinkle onion soup over chicken.
- Add rice on top of chicken.
- Mix together water and soup, pour over.
- Bake covered 160C 1 1/2 to 2 hrs.