Chicken and Hummus Fettucine
Quick and easy this is comfort food with a hint of Middle Eastern flavour.
View the method
- 400g Delmaine Egg Fettucine
- ½ cauliflower, diced and sprinkled with a little turmeric
- 500g chicken tenderloins, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely sliced
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 spring onions, sliced
- 4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves (optional)
- 1-2 ripe lemons
- 380g Lisa’s Original Hummus
- Telegraph Hill Roasted Dukkah (optional)
- ALSO NEED: salt, pepper, milk, turmeric, olive oil
Back to ingredients
- Boil water and cook the pasta as per instructions.
- Heat oil in a pan and cook the cauliflower until browned.
- Remove the cauliflower from the pan and set aside.
- Add more oil to the same pan, cook the chicken on high until it starts to turn white.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the garlic and onion, cooking until the onion is soft.
- Mix through ¾ of the hummus and the juice of one lemon.
- Add ½ cup of milk and ½ cup of water to make a thin creamy sauce.
- Add the spring onions and thyme leaves (if using).
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Fold the cauliflower back in and season to taste.
- Thin the sauce with more water if needed before removing from the heat.
- Fold the remaining hummus through the drained pasta to coat it.
- Serve the chicken over the pasta with a generous sprinkle of dukkah.
- Dukkah - can be used to coat roast vegetables just before serving or mixed with a little oil as a crust on steaks, chicken or fish.
- If you like goat’s cheese it would be a perfect addition crumbled on top at the end.