Chicken, kale and lentils
The roasting chicken combines with the lentils and kale creating a delicious dish full of good things. A hint of chilli is countered by the creamy ricotta flavoured with garlic and tomato. Cooking it all in the oven frees up your time at the end of a busy day.
- 4-6 Chicken Thigh Cutlets
- 100g Delmaine Marinated Sundried Tomatoes, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 250g Perfect Italiano Ricotta
- 1 bag kale, sliced
- 2 red onions, peeled, roughly diced
- 400g lentils, drained
- 250ml Campbell’s Real Stock (chicken or vegetable)
- ½ -1 tsp ground chilli or cayenne
- ALSO NEED:
- salt & pepper
- cornflour (or flour)
- Heat the oven to 180ºC
- Heat a pan on high with a little oil and quickly brown the outside of the chicken, then turn off the heat.
- In a bowl mix together half the sun dried tomatoes with the garlic and ricotta. Put to one side.
- Spread the kale, remaining sun dried tomatoes, red onion and lentils over the bottom of a large oven proof dish.
- Place the chicken thighs on top. They should cover most of the dish.
- Dollop teaspoonful’s of the ricotta mix between the chicken.
- Mix the chilli or cayenne with the stock and 1 tbs cornflour.
- Pour around the chicken.
- Roast for 40 minutes or until the chicken is cooked.
- Serve in a bowl with some of the cooking juices poured over the top.
- Add more chilli/cayenne to taste.
- Use a creamy feta instead of the ricotta.
- The oil from the sundried tomatoes has lots of taste. Drizzle over mashed/roasted vegetables or use in dressings.