Create a healthier version of this takeaway classic at home.
- 2 chicken breast or thigh, cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup plain flour
- salt & pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 cup cornflakes, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon curry power (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Rinse the chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Put the flour on a plate and season with salt and pepper. Put the egg in a wide bowl and beat it with a tablespoon of water. Mix together the breadcrumbs, crushed cornflakes and curry powder (if using) on another plate.
- Coating the chicken is done in three stages - first coat in the seasoned flour, then the beaten egg and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Put the coated pieces on the baking tray and drizzle lightly with oil. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown and the thickest part is no longer pink in the middle.