- 2 x 250g chicken breast fillets
- 60g (3/4 cup) All-Bran® Original
- 60g (1 cup) fresh white breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp reduced fat milk
- 50g (1/3 cup) plain flour
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500ml (2 cups) tomato passata
- 1/2 tsp caster sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 75g fresh mozzarella, sliced
- Steamed greens, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200C or 180C fan forced. Cut each chicken breast through the middle to give 4 thin fillets. Place chicken between 2 pieces of baking paper and beat with a rolling pin until an even thickness, about 3-4mm. Combine the All-Bran® Original and breadcrumbs in a shallow bowl. Whisk egg and milk in a second bowl and place flour in a third shallow bowl
2. Dip each piece of chicken in the flour to lightly coat, then the egg mixture, and finally the breadcrumb mixture. Spray the chicken lightly on both sides with olive oil. Place on a wire rack over a baking tray. Bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden.
3. Meanwhile, heat oil in a medium saucepan over a medium heat. Cook garlic, stirring for 30 seconds. Add passata and sugar, simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat, stir through half the basil.
4. Spoon half the tomato sauce into a large shallow ovenproof baking dish. Add the pieces of chicken, then spoon over the remaining sauce. Top with the torn mozzarella. Return to the oven for 10-12 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling.
Serve garnished with the remaining basil leaves. Serve with steamed greens.