Chicken pesto filo parcels
Flaky, crunchy and filled with moreish pesto chicken filling, these filo parcels are the definition of an easy crowd pleaser! If you’re short on time, use a store bought basil pesto from New World to make this dinner arrive on the table that little bit quicker.
- 3 cups fresh basil
- 1/4 cup pistachios, deshelled
- 1 Tbsp vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1/3 cup Pams Cold Pressed Extra Virgin Olive Oil plus extra for brushing
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 100g Pams Finest ricotta cheese
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 rectangular sheets filo pastry
- Green salad, serve
- In a food processor, blend the basil, pistachios, vinegar, garlic and olive until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper, then place ⅓ cup into a large mixing bowl and set the rest aside.
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees celsius fan bake. To the mixing bowl, add the cooked chicken, ricotta and spinach. Mix well to combine, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Take one sheet of filo and brush it lightly with olive oil. Top with another filo sheet, then fold in half lengthways. Spoon ¼ of the chicken mixture into the centre of the filo rectangle, and use your hands to bring together into a money bag/parcel shape.
- Place onto a lined baking tray, and repeat with the remaining pastry and chicken filling. Once all four parcels are made, place into the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the parcels are golden brown and crisp.
- Serve the parcels alongside the remaining pesto and a side salad of your choice.