- 1 cup bulgur wheat (cracked wheat)
- 3 cups shredded chicken
- 1 cup finely chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped mint
- 4 spring onions, trimmed and finely sliced
- 3 tomatoes, diced
- ½ cucumber, diced
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice and grated rind of 1 lemon
- Place the bulgur wheat in a medium-sized bowl and pour over 2 cups boiling water. Allow to stand for 15-20 minutes to allow water to be absorbed. Drain to remove any remaining water.
- Add the chicken, parsley, mint, spring onions, tomato and cucumber and toss to combine.
- Stir together the olive oil, lemon rind and juice, pour over salad and toss again. Season to taste with salt and pepper.