A twist on an Italian classic, this chicken saltimbocca is beautifully simplistic and incredibly delicious. Served alongside a crisp green salad dressed in balsamic, this dish will transport you straight to the streets of Rome.
View the method
- 2 large chicken breasts, halved horizontally
- ¼ cup fresh sage leaves
- 8 slices prosciutto
- Olive oil
- 40g butter
- 150ml white wine or chicken stock
- Pams Mesclun Salad or rocket leaves to serve
- Pams Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Cooked mashed potato, gnocchi or spaghetti to serve
Back to ingredients
- On a large board, use a rolling pin to pound the halved chicken pieces until they are 1cm thick. Once flattened, lay 2-3 sage leaves on top of the chicken, then wrap with 1-2 pieces of prosciutto. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Bring a heavy based frying pan to a medium heat. Once hot, add a generous drizzle of olive and half of the butter to the pan and heat until the butter is foaming.
- Carefully place the wrapped chicken into the frying pan and cook for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and cooked through. Once all the chicken pieces are cooked (in batches if necessary) remove from the pan and set aside.
- Into the same frying pan, pour the wine or stock and simmer for 2-3 minutes, or until the liquid has reduced by half. Add the remaining butter, and stir until the sauce is glossy.
- Dress the green salad with balsamic vinaigrette, and serve alongside the Saltimbocca, sauce and your choice of side. Enjoy immediately.