Smoked chicken, spinach & lemon risotto
Please note this recipe uses an oven but it can be prepared in advance and served from a crock-pot. Alternatively the recipe can be made on a stove top but the stock needs to be added gradually.
View the method
- 1 x Tegel Original smokehouse chicken breast (300g)
- 25g Pams butter
- 2 Tablespoons Pams olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 4 cups chicken stock (heated)
- ½ cup Gunn Estate Reserve Sauvignon Blanc white wine
- 2 bunches English spinach, finely chopped
- ½ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Finely grated zest of 1 small lemon
- Extra parmesan cheese to serve
Back to ingredients
- Remove the skin from the chicken and shred into bite sized pieces. Refrigerate until needed.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter with the oil in a heat proof casserole dish and gently cook the onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains are coated with the butter mixture.
- Add the wine and allow to bubble and reduce before adding the chicken stock.
- Cover the dish and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the rice is just tender.
- Add the spinach, parmesan cheese, lemon zest and chicken to the pan.
- Stir gently to combine, season to taste and then cover and leave to sit for 5 minutes before serving with extra grated parmesan cheese.
Wine suggestion: Sauvignon Blanc