Chicken stroganoff traybake
Chicken stroganoff has been a go-to family recipe for many generations, and this traybake version is great for those who love a quick and easy meal that requires little effort! Packed with rich flavors, this meal is a sure fire winner.
- 6 bone-in chicken thighs
- Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 ½ cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 250g mushrooms, cut into thick slices
- 1 Tbsp dijon mustard
- ½ cup sour cream
- 250g green beans, trimmed
- Fresh parsley, to garnish
Serve with mashed potato, rice or toss cooked pasta through the sauce just before serving.
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees celsius fan bake. Place the chicken thighs in a bowl, then drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Add the smoked paprika, and toss to coat.
- Lay the chicken thighs into a roasting dish. Spread the sliced onion and mushrooms around the chicken thighs, then pour the chicken stock into the dish. Place into the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, remove the chicken thighs and set aside. Stir the mustard and sour cream into the mushroom mixture, then season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Nestle the chicken back into the back into the sauce. Return to the oven, and cook for a further 10-15 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Cook the green beans in boiling water, then once the chicken has cooked, serve alongside the beans and garnish with fresh parsley.
SKILL LEVEL: EASY
TIP: If your sauce is too thin, simply stir together 1 heaped teaspoon of cornflour with 1 Tbsp of water, and stir into the stroganoff sauce to thicken.